Featured Posts

 INTRODUCTION I am Dinithi Imasha Edirisingha (BM/2020/359), and I am an undergraduate  at the University of Kelaniya. I am pursuing a Bache...

7th Week Post

 WEEK 7 ( 6th of June)

Paraphrase 

1.     Participants in the study indicated that a friendly and informal classroom setting reduces anxiety. They felt less stressed and anxious in environments that prioritize collaborative activities between teachers and students.                                                                                                                      

2.     Language learners experience fear due to concerns about looking awkward, foolish, or incompetent in front of their peers or others. Because of this fear of making mistakes, some learners find learning and speaking a foreign language in the classroom to be consistently problematic.

 


 Reflective Writing

I explored paraphrasing and quoting, emphasizing the importance of correctly understanding and conveying original meanings in our words. I practiced paraphrasing and learned to use synonyms effectively. Additionally, I examined APA referencing styles for in-text citations and reference list entries. We also discussed the use of reporting words for citing other authors’ ideas in presentations and written assignments. I need to improve my ability to seamlessly integrate paraphrased content with my own ideas and ensure accurate and consistent citation across different referencing styles. Further practice in oral presentation skills would also be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed